The unpublished job market or “hidden” job market – where an opening is filled without it ever being advertised – represents approximately 80% of the total jobs filled each year. Therefore, particularly the more senior roles that you are targeting, it is important to spend at least 60% of your job search time and effort on the unpublished job market. Here is our guide to planning your unpublished job search
Want a fortnightly efficiency tip?Have you enjoyed this blog? If so, Sign up for our monthly newsletter & fortnightly efficiency tip
As a thank you, for everyone that subscribes, we are sending a copy of our free e-book, How to achieve more with LinkedIn.
- This blog has moved and multiplied!
- Working the room tip 24: Look for connections in common
- Working the room tip 23: Get permission to sign someone up to your mailing list
- Working the room tip 22: Find out if they are happy to connect with you on LinkedIn
- Working the room tip 21: Write on a business card after meeting someone
- Working the room tip 20: Divide and conquer
- Working the room tip 19: Introduce yourself with impact
- Working the room tip 18: Find ways to ‘give’ into a new relationship
- Working the room tip 17: Exit from conversations gracefully
- Working the room tip 16: Make eye contact and smile
What people have been saying…
- Nick on How to use tweetdeck (or hootsuite) to help you win business on twitter
- Simon on How to use tweetdeck (or hootsuite) to help you win business on twitter
- Vanessa@Luxuria on How to use tweetdeck (or hootsuite) to help you win business on twitter
- Matt Lambert on Does it look too good to be true?
- EfficientLeader Manager on Seven ways to stop procrastinating