I’ve been reading a great book by Paul Thewlis called ‘Wordpress for Business Bloggers’ and working through its suggested tips and techniques. The observant ones of you will have noticed that my blog theme has changed to match my corporate brand guidelines.
To improve your business efficiency with your blogging, there are ten questions to bear in mind as you write:
- How will this post interest my target audience?
- How will this post add value to my target audience?
- Have you got a beginning, middle and end to your post?
- Are you posting frequently enough for your target audience?
- Is your post too long for the attention span of your target audience?
- Have you got links into other websites and blogs? (to improve your SEO)
- Are you putting important keywords into your post?
- Does this post sound like me? (Or does my ghost blogger sound like me?)
- How does this post link to my objectives for my blog?
- Can I add a question to the end of my blog to encourage comments?
I’ve been contributing to a discussion in The Efficiency Coach’s LinkedIn Group on the appropriate frequency for blogging. In the discussion Robert Killington – (Twitter ID: vatark) suggested that I ask my readership the question about my blog. That way I can tailor my content to more of what you enjoy and value.
So, my question to finish this post, is… are my posts the right length? Do I post regularly enough for you? Or should I lower the frequency of my posts? And finally, are there any subjects that I haven’t covered that you would like to see me blog more about?
Thanks for your help
- How to use your blog for good SEO How can you use your blog to increase SEO for your website?...
- This blog has moved and multiplied! This blog is now sadly only archive material… feel free to have a good old rummage around in it. We...
- Have you got a book in you? How to achieve more with your blog...
- Eight tricks that The Efficiency Coach uses to maximise her time and productivity on social media Social media is often touted as being a free tool that anyone can use to market their business. In terms...
- How to achieve more with your business newsletter 11 tips to help you achieve more with your business newsletter...